Things to do in Andorra
Most of these resorts were once small mountain villages which have grown in recent years due to skiing. In recent years the resorts have all joined together so that your ski pass covers neighbouring areas. As a result there are now just two areas known as Vallnord and Grandvalira .
Vallnord covers Arcalis and the Arinsal - Pal ski area. Arcalis is quite distant away from Arinsal-Pal but the latter have been joined up in recent years by a cable car connecting the two ski areas. The Arisnal-Pal ski area is directly accessible from La Massana right from the middle of the town.
Grandvalira covers Soldeu and Pas de la Casa. The Soldeu ski area is also accessible from Encamp and Canillo. This quite cleverly has opened up these areas to cope with the influence of visitors without putting all the strain on Soldeu.
Hiking and Trekking
If you would like more information on the mountain huts in Andorra, go to Mountain huts in Andorra . A good way for hiking and trekking in Andorra is staying at the Himalaia Hotel in Soldeu , that has its own Hiking team of guides who go every day with their guests to walk and discover a lot of interesting hiking routes around the country.
Andorra is a great place for hiking. The point of departure is the town of Arinsal at the foot of the Coma Pedrosa (2,942 m) and the Pic de Medecourbe (2,914 m).
- Treks from Arinsal (1,500 m) - Pic de Sanfons (2,888 m, 4h45, climb 1,310 m, medium until the hut, difficult on the ridge). View on the Coma Pedrosa, the valley of Tor, the lakes of Baiau in Spain as well as on the Pallars mountains. Mountain hut and lake on the way. Parking at Torrent Ribal 1,580 m.
- Pic de Medecourbe 2,914 m 4h30, climb 1,335 m, medium until the hut increasing to difficult on the ridge). A classic! Mountain hut half-way up, lakes and a breathtaking view over the valley of Arinsal, Boet and Vicdessos (France). Parking at Torrent Ribal 1,580 m.
- Pic de Coma Pedrosa 2,942 m 4h30, climb 1,370 m, medium until the lake, difficult on the ridge). The highest mountain in Andorra. Mountain hut half way up, lakes. Beautiful view of the surrounding summits, the valley of Arinsal and to the West, the Maladeta and Ecantats massifs. Parking at Torrent Ribal 1580m.
- Montmantell lakes and the Pic del Pla de l'Estany 2,859 m 4h20, climb 1'280m, medium). Mountain hut half-way up, lakes, magnificient view over the Ariege mountains in France and over Andorra. Parking at Torrent Ribal 1580 m.
- Arinsal - Percanela - les Fonts - Pla de l'Estany - Arinsal circuit 2'055m 4h30, climb 670m, medium) 2 mountain huts. Very pleasant circuit which one can do either way. Lovely views of the Coma Pedrosa via the imposing natural amphitheatre of Les Fonts. A few bordas (farm houses) on the way, some renovated, some in ruins. Parking at Arinsal 1,466 m.
- Cami del coll de les Cases 1,950 m 1h40, climb 490 m, medium)
Andorra Places to Visit