Home » Bulgaria » Places
Bulgaria Famous Places to Visit
- Sofia — the capital and a major point of interest in Bulgaria, featuring nice parks, a nice town center, many bars, pubs, and disco clubs, over 250 historic landmarks and architectural monuments, and a great deal of cultural places of interest. It is one of the oldest cities in Europe.
- Burgas — though known for its commercial port (Port of Burgas) and oil refinery, picturesque waterfront and nearby downtown and shopping area makes this city popular with tourists
- Plovdiv — nation's second largest city, which boasts a lovely shopping promenade and many parks, an ancient city with a preserved amphitheater, and many "revival" style Bulgaria homes. Be sure also to take a side trip to Bachkovo Monastery which is about an hour away.
- Rousse — known as the "Small Vienna", the city centre offers an impressive architectural ensemble that cannot be found any place else within Bulgaria. The city boasts various places of interest among which the Sexiginta Prista Roman Castle, The Theatre, The House of Caliopa, The Pantheon and so on.
- Varna — the nation's third largest city, primarily a beach resort with a notorious nightlife, especially during the summer season. The Varna Archaeological Museum is one of the most famous archaeological museums in the country.
- Veliko Tarnovo — picturesque university city near the Yantra river that was the capital of medieval Bulgarian Empire