Things to do in Hungary
- Budapest, including the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrassy Avenue
- Baroque town and castle of Eger.
- Old Village of Holloko and its Surroundings
- Caves of Aggtelek Karst and Slovak Karst
- Millenary Benedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma and its Natural Environment
- Hortobagy National Park - the Puszta
- Early Christian Necropolis of Pecs (Sopianae)
- Ferto /Neusiedlersee Cultural Landscape
- Tokaj Wine Region Historic Cultural Landscape
Other major tourist destination is Lake Balaton, with winehills, thermal spa in Heviz around.
There are also some amazing things to see.
- Tiszaviragzas . In mid- June the Tisza produces swarms of mayflies which are likened to flowers. Once decimated by pollution, the population is rebounding. (They're famous for living only for 1-2 days.)
Hungary is an excellent destination for birdwatching (aka birding) holiday. There are wooded hills, vast fish-pond systems and grasslands, the puszta . Particularly good areas include the Kiskunsag and Hortobagy National Parks and the Aggtelek, Bukk and Zemplen Hills.
Vast areas of open countryside coupled with the long traditions of horsemanship make Hungary an ideal country for riding. Wide open plains in the south and forested hills in the north offer varied riding terrain.