Home » Latvia » Places
Latvia Famous Places to Visit
- Riga - the capital city with more than 800 years old history, with the popular holiday suburb of Jurmala right by
- Cesis - old town in the heart of Vidzeme, castle and deep river valleys.
- Daugavpils - second biggest city in Latvia. Features many factories and other industries.
- Jelgava- the so-called students town.
- Kuldiga - small town where old buildings have been preserved. Features widest waterfall in Europe.
- Liepaja - city of music on the Baltic sea coast, which is always windy. Latvians believe that the wind starts in the city and also well-known Latvian musicians come from there. There is very interesting former secret military town called Karosta, between a lake and the sea. One of the world`s largest pipe organs. Famous summer event Baltic Beach Party in July. Fantastic unspoilt, white, soft sandy beach.
- Sigulda - popular town with many interesting castles and historic places. Most popular attraction outside Riga for foreign tourists.
- Ventspils - hosts one of busiest ports in Europe. It is possible to observe incoming ships