Home » Serbia » Places
Serbia Famous Places to Visit
- Belgrade (Beograd / Áåîãðàä) — capital of Serbia
- Nis — The third largest city in Serbia.
- Pozarevac — One of the oldest cities in Serbia with a large historic heritage.
- Kragujevac— The first capital of modern Serbia, industrial hub and the 4th largest city in Serbia.
- Novi Sad — Provincial Capital of Vojvodina and second largest city (after Belgrade)
- Smederevo — a medieval capital of Serbia. It was also a capitol during the 1st Serbian Uprising against the Turks in the early XIX century. It has a medieval fortress built in XV century by despot Djuradj Brankovic and it is the largest lowland medieval fortress in Europe.
- Sremska Mitrovica — one of the oldest cities in Serbia and in Europe. Known as Sirmium in Roman Empire, it was one of the four capitals during tetrarchy period.
- Subotica — has been rated as one of the most beautiful cities of Serbia. It is in North Serbia, and is the closest city to Palic. Main languages are Serbian and Hungarian.
- Vrsac — One of the most beautiful cities in Serbia