Things to do in Slovenia
There are many great opportunities for activity holidays in Slovenia: The mountains and rivers of the Julian Alps provide the perfect location for hiking, mountain biking, rafting and kayaking. The southern part of Slovenia is an area of numerous caves. You can enjoy different spa resorts in the eastern part, take a dive in the Adriatic Sea, experience the Slovene cities, go skiing, or enjoy in the countryside tasting Slovene cuisine and local wine.
- Adrenaline adventures in the Posocje area, you can stay in Ljubljana and a short distance away discover the amazing North-Western area of Slovenia called Posocje and Triglav National Park -- canyoning, rafting, para-gliding and much more! *While Slovenia is a small country, you can discover it in a few days. Therefore you can visit the capital (Ljubljana), Alps, Karst region, alpine lakes and much more.
- There are more than 8.000 known caves in Slovenia, including the tourist areas of Postojna and UNESCO site Skocjan.
- Take advantage of beautiful nature in the Alps and go hiking or nordic walking
- Visit of one many spa resorts in Slovenia
- Visit Slovene seaside and swim in the Adriatic Sea. Try local sea food and visit the towns of Piran and Portoroz
- Visit one of the golf courses in Slovenia
- Skiing in the Julian Alps is popular in the winter. More popular ski resorts are: Krvavec , Vogel, Rogla, Cerkno, Kanin, Mariborsko Pohorje