Home » Sweden » Places
Sweden Famous Places to Visit
- Stockholm - The capital, spread out over a number of islands.
- Gothenburg ( Goteborg in Swedish) - On the west coast.
- Linkoping - The 5th most populous city of Sweden. University city.
- Kiruna - a mining town in Lappland , and the northernmost city in Sweden.
- Lulea - Industrial city in northern Norrland, with a technical university.
- Malmo - Down south, not far from the Danish capital Copenhagen.
- Umea - University city in Norrland.
- Uppsala - lively pretty old university city. Fourth largest city in Sweden.
- Orebro - Old shoe manufacturing center, halfway between Stockholm and Oslo.
- Are - One of Sweden's largest ski resorts, with 44 lifts.
- Esrange - A rocket launching facility near Kiruna.
- Gotland - Sweden's largest island, as well as the largest island of the Baltic Sea, situated in the Baltic Sea. Its capital Visby is on UNESCO's World's heritage list. It's a common vacation spot for Swedes from the mainland.
- Kebnekaise - Sweden's highest mountain surrounded by vast wilderness areas and a popular trail to Abisko National Park.