Home » Turkey » Places
Turkey Famous Places to Visit
- Ankara — the capital of Turkey and its second largest city.
- Antalya — the fastest growing city, hub to an array of beach resorts.
- Bodrum — a trendy coastal town in Southern Aegean which turns into a crowded city in season when it serves as a playground for Turkish and international holidaymakers alike, featuring a citadel, Roman ruins, trendy clubs and a number of villages surrounding the peninsula each with a different character from classy to rustic
- Edirne — the second capital of the Ottoman Empire.
- Istanbul — Turkey's largest city, the former capital of both the Ottoman and Byzantine Empires, and the only city in the world to straddle two continents.
- Izmir — Turkey's third largest city.
- Konya — a quite large city that is the heartland of mystic Sufi order, the site of Rumi's tomb, and with some elegant Seljuq architecture, all surrounded by vast steppes
- Sinop — an ancient fortress and port city on the northernmost tip of Anatolia.
- Trabzon — the wonderful Sumela Monastery is just outside the city and it is a great gateway to exploring the Turkish Northeast.