Home » Belgium » Things-to-do
Things to do in Belgium
- DOCVILLE - International Documentary Film Festival , Naamsestraat 96, 3000 Leuven , ? +32-16-320300. International Documentary Film Festival in the beginning of May, with national and international competition in the city of Leuven. Selected films have a focus on cinematography. 4.5-6 euro.
- Carnival de Binche Three days in February the town of Binche is transported back to the 16th century for one of the most fantastic festivals of the year. Highlighted by music parades and fireworks, the climax of this event is when the Gilles appear on the Grand Place and throw oranges to the spectators. This infamous festivity has been classified as part of the world's cultural heritage by UNESCO along with its renowned Gilles.
- Rock Werchter - 3rd July - 6th July 2008, Werchter .
- Dour festival - "European Alternative Music Event" - 12-15 July 2007 - Dour
- Atomium built for the 1958 Brussels World Fair (Expo '58), it is a 335 foot tall representation of an atomic unit cell. More precisely, it is symbolic of a unit cell of an iron crystal magnified 165 billion times. Nine steel spheres 54 feet in diameter connect via tubes with elevators 105 feet long.
- Gentse Feesten - 18 July - 27 July 2009. Huge, ten day long street festival in the historical center of the city of Ghent. The biggest street festival in Europe, with theater, music in all genres, techno parties, and so on - Gentse Feesten
- Activiteiten Gent & Antwerpen ( Activiteiten Gent & Antwerpen ), Rerum Novarumlaan 132 ( Merksem ), ? 0475 / 696 880. Great boattours around Ghent and Antwerp.
- 24 hours cycling, Louvain-La-Neuve Louvain-La-Neuve is in the Wallonia not far from Brussel, it's a small pedestrian city created in the 60's for the french-speakers students. Every year, in October, they organized a bicycle competition. Actually, the course is a pretext to enjoy the event... And to drink beers. This party is one of the most important consumption of beers of the whole Europe.
- Belgian Beer Tour Belgian Beer Tour is a tour operator specializing in tours of Belgium breweries. It offers a great way for beer lovers to visit their favourite breweries and discover new ones. The tours cover a wide range of beers and appeals to connoisseurs and amateurs alike.
- International Short Film Festival Leuven , Naamsestraat 96, 3000 Leuven , ? +32-16-320300. International Short Film Festival with many foreign guests and directors. Focus on the best Flemish and European short films. 4.5-6 euro