Home » Macedonia » Places
Macedonia Famous Places to Visit
- Skopje , the nation's capital. It is home to many historic landmarks and architectural monuments, and a great deal of cultural places of interest.
- Ohrid, a lakeside resort and UNESCO World Heritage Site . It is considered the jewel in Macedonia's crown.
- Bitola , the second largest city. It is Macedonia's most "European" town. It has it all: an ancient city, Ottoman monuments, a lovely shopping promenade, great nightlife, and more.
- Krusevo , a museum-city nestled high up in the mountains of southwestern Macedonia. It is one the most historically significant destinations in the country as it was the site of a revolt against the Ottoman Empire. The town is also home to great skiing.
- Prilep , tobacco fields, medieval monasteries, and strange rocks.
- Struga , small town on Lake Ohrid. It receives a fraction of the amount of tourists that nearby Ohrid gets, making Struga much more calm and peaceful.
- Stip , a peaceful city in eastern Macedonia. The town has existed for thousands of years, which is evidenced by its many archaeological sites.
- Kumanovo , the third largest city. The area boasts many churches, pre-modern settlements, and more. Tetovo , majority of the population is ethnic Albanians. Home to the Painted Mosque and Monastery of Lesok.