Home » Belgium » Places
Belgium Famous Places to Visit
- Brussels - Belgium's capital and the unofficial capital of the EU. Nice historic centre and several museums of interest.
- Antwerp - Belgium's second largest city, with a giant cathedral, medieval streets and artistic heritage
- Ghent - Once one of Europe's largest cities, now a perfect mixture of Antwerp and Bruges: a cosy city with canals, yet with rich history and lively student population
- Bruges - One of Europe's wealthiest cities in the 14th century, it's large and beautiful historic centre remains
- Liege - largest city of Wallonia, along a wide river, industrial cityscape with hiking and resorts in the nearby hills
- Dinant - Small city in a stunning natural setting, a popular spot for adventure sports such as canoeing and rock-climbing, best visited in winter
- Leuven - a small city dominated by one of Europe's oldest universities. Beautiful historic centre and a lively nightlife.
- Mechelen - a small medieval city with a nice historic district around the cathedral
- Ypres - once one of the largest cities in the Low Countries, now best known for its destruction during the First World War, marked by memorials and cemeteries