Home » Denmark » Places
Denmark Famous Places to Visit
- Copenhagen (da. Kobenhavn) - Denmark's capital and largest city is a vibrant metropolis with world class attractions.
- Arhus (da. Arhus) - The main city of the Jutland peninsular and Denmark's second largest city, with its brilliant historic Open Air Museum of how the city looked in the 1800's.
- Odense - The main city of the island of Funen, and Denmark's third largest city, known as birthplace of H.C. Andersen, but The Funen Village Open air museum of 18th Century farm buildings, and the Egeskov Castle, one of the best-preserved Renaissance castles in Europe are also good attractions.
- Aalborg - Home of a historic and picturesque city centre and the rowdy Jomfru Ane Gade , which features some of country's most vibrant night life.
- Esbjerg - Denmark's centre for the fishing and offshore industry, and a short 15 minute ferry ride away from the cosy island of Fano.
- Sonderborg - Discover Danish mentality in a city where Denmark finally conceded its superpower ambitions, and wander through the old castle or the royal palace of Grasten .
- Herning - This small but ambitious town is an excellent entry point to the spectucular beaches of Jutlands western coast.
- Ronne - Capital and entry point for the intriguing holiday island of Bornholm, with its cozy villages, mystic round churches and the spectacular castle ruin of Hammershus.
- Nykobing Falster - Nestled by a picturesque fjord, you can explore the old abbey, the castle, or set out to the spectacular chalk cliffs of Mon or the islands good beaches.